Workplace productivity is always the keyword for companies to thrive for in today’s industry landscape.
Besides in the construction industry, contractors also promote site productivity by equipping their workers with technical skills to carry out works effectively. Structural Steel Fitting is one of the labour efficient construction methods which contractors can adopt.
The objective of this Structural Steel Fitting (SSF) Core Trade course mentioned here is to enhance overall safety, quality and technical knowledge in structural steel construction.
This also aims to provide trainees with skills in structural steel fitting works to meet the growing needs of the built environment industry.
By keeping acquainted with the evolving steel fitting procedures and standards, this allows continuing professional development to support essential registration for practising certificates for all qualified Structural Steel Supervisors and promote self-regulation in Singapore steel industry.
Structural Steel Fitting Course Contents
Our in-depth training will provide a strong foundation for trainees to do well in their BCA Core Trade Course Certification Test. Look below for BCA CoreTrade Syllabus and Certification Requirements.
The course focuses on practical skills training and comprises theory lessons. Topics covered include:
- Indepth knowledge of structural steelworks
- Learning to read drawings and calculation of quantities
- Fabrication and erection
- Preparation of structural templates for locating holes and cuts on the steel
- Cutting of the structural steel fittings, gusset plate and base-plate
- Getting ready with steel sides in addition to cut surfaces
- Bending of steel members
- Punching holes and tack welding
- Assembly of steel members using bolt connection
- Hands-on project
The Structural Steel Fitting Core Trade course will cover both practical and theory aspects of steel fitting. Trainees will benefit from understanding best practices and proven techniques to become effective and efficient steel workers.
1 Hour Theory Written Paper
- 25 Multiple Choice Questions
- Interpretation of drawings & calculation of quantities
- Good practices of structural steel fitting
- General Knowledge on Safety
4 Hour Practical Test
- Proper handling of tools and equipment and use of PPE
- Cutting and hot bending procedures
- Development of gusset plates and base plate
- Assembly of project using Gap, Tack Weld
To prepare Core Trade Course’s required written and practical tests on trainee’s readiness and SSF skill knowledge, preparation are provided together with the course outline
Preparation for written test includes
- Comprehensive 16 hour training (2 Day Class, each 8 hours from 8.00am to 5.00pm)
- Structural Steel Fitting (SSF) Core Trade course training materials which comprehensively covers BCA Updated CoreTrade Syllabus with be provided
Sample mock written test papers for enhancing the understanding of SSF Core Trade course materials, giving trainees to prepare for the actual test
Preparation for practical test are also included
- 5 days of intensive preparation training on practical test project from (0800 Hr to 2200 Hr)
- Intensive trainings on actual test bay in accordance to Building and Construction Authority (BCA) test project
- Understanding the correct sequence and methods of installation, inclusive of level transfer, plumb, fixing methods
- Understanding of the BCA assessment requirements need to be met
|Tradesmen||Trades Foremen||SEC (K)|
|Pass An 4 Hour Practical Test||Pass 1 Hour Written Test & 4 Hour Practical Test||Pass 1 Hour Written Test & 4 Hour Practical Test|